Want to build your resume and gain non-profit experience? Two excellent volunteer opportunities are available in the New York City chapter of the Women’s National Book Association!
The Corresponding Secretary is responsible for communications about chapter activities and events, including:
- Weekly emails via Constant Contact
- Updating and managing all communication schedules, mailings, and contact lists
- Building event and registration pages for events using Constant Contact, from information submitted by the program chairs
- Creating flyers for events
Knowledge of Constant Contact and HTML is helpful but not required. Training will be provided. This is an Executive Board position.
The Publicity Chair is responsible for developing and implementing publicity strategies. The position includes:
- Managing schedules and specialized lists for chapter events
- Implementing and expanding the social media presence
- Managing the intern responsible for posting on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)