Happy WNBA Wednesday! I didn’t get enough submissions to the Question of the Month to post today. But it will be back next Wednesday. What is your all-time favorite book with a love theme? Send answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In other WNBA-NYC Blog and Social Media news…
The Women’s National Book Association NYC chapter is looking for a volunteer to write for their blog and help maintain social media websites. This position runs until June and requires a commitment of 5-10 hours per week. The volunteer will be under the supervision the Blog and Social Media Manager Liberty Schauf.
The WNBA-NYC Blog & Social Media volunteer will receive membership in the Women’s National Book Association (2014-15), complete with all associated benefits.
- Schedule and post 1-2 blogs per week with appropriate tags and hyperlinks and categories.
- Edit the pieces that will be posted. Final editorial decisions will be made by the Blog and Social Media Manager.
- Screen, choose, and post accompanying pictures and other media.
- Connect the blog with other social media outlets, and publicize the blog on social media sites with the objective of building a following.
- Must be comfortable conducting interview and writing event recaps.
- Attend Chapter Board Meeting (held every 6-8 weeks during the calendar year)
- Attend WNBA-NYC Chapter events
- WordPress, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Excellent skills at organization, proof-reading, and the ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to Liberty Schauf at email@example.com.