Happy Monday WNBA-NYC Members! This is Liberty Schauf, the new Blog and Social Media Manager, and I am reaching out asking for your participation in OUR blog. The blog doesn’t belong to just one person it belongs to every member of WNBA-NYC. We are a group of authors, editors, publishers, librarians, booksellers, agents, designers, illustrators and production and management professionals and we all have a different voice and writing style. Our blog should reflect everyone in some way. Below are a few ways to contribute to our blog.
- Answer the Question of the Month. Every month a new question is asked related to your favorite reads. This month the question is: What is your all-time favorite book with a love theme? Answers are posted every Wednesday for the whole month. Send in the title and author and why you think it is the best. Check out last’s week’s answers here.
- Tell us what is happening with you professionally. Did your manuscript get picked up? Was your short story accepted by a magazine? Are you participating in a publishing panel? We want to celebrate your big news with you. The last Monday of every month is devoted to Member News. This month’s deadline for submissions is Saturday, February 22nd. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Take a look at last month’s Member News blog here.
- Be a guest blogger. If you have a timely piece that would be interesting to members, send it in for consideration. For an idea of what we’re looking for, check out these great guest blogs by members Terri Weiss, Julia Rubin and me.
- Be the Member Monday feature! Volunteer to participate in a Member Monday interview. Here’s your chance to introduce yourself to all of our members and get the word out about your current projects. Check out these interviews with Dena Mekawi, Jenna Vaccaro, and Maddy Lederman!
- Write a book review. If you have read a recently published or soon-to-be published book and would like to share your opinions, send your review in for consideration.
- Tell us about great publishing events, the blog is always looking for Out and About posts as well.
- Add a link to your personal blog or website to our blog roll. Many members have already added their links – check them out to see what your fellow WNBA-ers are up to.
- Subscribe to our blog at http://wnba-nyc.org/blog/
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
To send in your contributions or ask a question, feel free to email me at email@example.com.