That’s right! The second annual WNBA National Writing Contest has moved its deadline from November 15 to December 15, 2013. Writers now have one more month to perfect their poetry or prose and get those submissions in!
But don’t worry — the guidelines haven’t changed:
- Unpublished work only
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
- Short fiction only; 2500 word limit
- No memoir or novel excerpts
- 3-5 pages of poetry; 35 lines per page
- Acceptable formats include RTF (Rich Text Format), Word 2007, 2003 or earlier versions
- You may submit more than once, but each entry must be submitted and paid for separately
Each entry is $15 for members and $20 for non-members.
Upload your work here! (Be sure to upload entries without identifying information! There is a separate form for that.)
For more information, and to learn more about this year’s judges and last year’s winners, visit http://www.wnba-books.org/contest.
Good luck to all applicants!