Now that the Thanksgiving Holiday is over we can concentrate on the next big date in our lives. The second annual WNBA National Writing Contest deadline is December 15th! That’s only 11 days away! Final edits and finishing touches should be underway since the deadline is looming.
Also, don’t forget to follow the guidelines. You don’t want to be disqualified over a technicality that could have been avoided.
Here are the guidelines:
- Unpublished work only
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
- Short fiction only; 2500 word limit
- No memoir or novel excerpts
- 3-5 pages of poetry; 35 lines per page
- Acceptable formats include RTF (Rich Text Format), Word 2007, 2003 or earlier versions, PDF
- You may submit more than once, but each entry must be submitted and paid for separately
Each entry is $15 for members and $20 for non-members.
Upload your work here! (Be sure to upload entries WITHOUT identifying information! There is a separate form for that.)
For more information, and to learn more about this year’s judges and last year’s winners, visit http://www.wnba-books.org/contest.