Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
126 Crosby Street
October 16, 2o13
*Doors open at 6:30pm. Admission is $15 (donation to Housing Works) through Eventbrite.
“Join best-selling author Helen Fielding to celebrate her iconic heroine’s return after fourteen years of silence in the new book, Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, as she discusses life, love, and the inimitable Bridget Jones with Vogue culture editor Valerie Steiker.”
Helen Fielding will be signing books after the discussion. This event is presented in collaboration with our neighbors McNally Jackson Bookstore, who will be on hand selling books. You have an option to pre-order a book when you purchase a ticket. Books will be available for pick-up at the event.
October 25, 2013
“In honor of the publication of the first book by the popular website Jezebel, The Book of Jezebel, editors of influential online outlets for women come together to discuss the genre’s more recent history and female readers’ appetite for progressive discussions about contemporary womanhood, pop culture and politics.”
- Jessica Coen, editor in chief, Jezebel
- Kate Harding, co-author of The Book of Jezebel (moderator)
- Anna Holmes, founder, Jezebel
- Lori Leibovich, executive lifestyle editor, Huffington Post Women
- Samhita Mukhopadhyay, former executive editor, Feministing
- Amelia McDonnell-Parry, editor in chief, The Frisky
- Edith Zimmerman, founder, The Hairpin