WNBA-NYC member Leticia Chand is looking for participants to join a non-fiction reading group that she’s starting in January 2013! The NYC-based group will meet monthly and focus on the self-help and spirituality genres.
The goal of the book club is to acquire a deeper knowledge and broader perspective of the works selected in a fun and informal atmosphere. Her intention is to create a friendly, supportive environment where members feel comfortable sharing their impressions, insights and questions.
At the first meeting in January, the group will decide on the books to read and work out the logistics of the meetings. All ideas will be welcomed and considered.
– The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirsky
– Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
– Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein
– The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
– Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie with Stephen Mitchell
If you enjoy reading self-help and spirituality books and feel that discussion enhances your reading experience, Leticia invites you to contact her for more information. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.